When it comes to what we do, we’re proud to say that we’re way past the “recruiting hype”.
This troop DOES! For example:
- Camp-outs or other “big idea’ EVERY month
- Weekend canoe trip down the Ardèche in September
- Archery weekends & Pioneering projects
- Canyoning, caving, rock-climbing, via ferrata and via cordata
- Orienteering with map & compass, Geocaching
- “Wilderness Survival” weekends sleeping in shelters we build from scratch
- Snow-sports weekends with snow-shoeing, skiing or ski-touring
- First-aid weekends
- Fundraising and Relationship Building events
- Klondike Derby in Kandersteg every January
- Eco-Camp in Geneva in the Spring
- Camp Alpine – a one-two week-long Summer Camp every June/July in Kandersteg
- Camp Avantura – a one-two week-long Summer Camp every July/August in Croatia
- Study mammals, reptiles & amphibians, nature, and birds
- Study soil & water conservation, oceanography, environmental science
- Cook over an open fire
- Learn how to Leave No Trace
- Study personal management, communications & public speaking
- Hosted Leadership training weekends
- Run Merit Badge days and weekends
- 4-5 day treks through the Swiss mountains
- Hiking, hiking, and more hiking!
- And there is so much MORE!
Other trips we’ve done :
- 7-day canoe trip / 50 mile excursion down the Allier River
- A week of sailing in the Med
- Fishing and fly-fishing on local lakes and rivers
- Shoot rifles and shotguns
- 150 mile bike hikes in Holland
- Two weeks at the Swiss Camporee (MOVA/BULA)
- A weekend at Intercamp in Germany
- Radio Interviews on WRS
We do not limit the level of “adventure” the youth want to have. Scouting is a SCOUT-LED program. The SCOUTS decide what we do, and strong, trained, committed adults help them achieve their goals.
Read our blogs to learn more!
What do YOU want to do?