When it comes to what we do, we’re proud to say that we’re way past the “recruiting hype”. This troop DOES!
- … camping or other “big idea’ EVERY month
- … weekend canoe trip does the Ardèche
- … 7-day canoe trip / 50 mile excursion down the Allier River
- … a week of sailing in the Med
- … fishing and fly-fishing on local lakes and rivers
- … shoot rifles and shotguns
- … archery
- … 150 mile bike hikes in Holland
- … pioneering projects
- … orienteering with map & compass
- … hiking, hiking, and more hiking!
- … “Wilderness Survival” weekends sleeping in shelters we built from scratch
- … First-aid weekends
- … Klondike Derby in Kandersteg
- … week-long Summer Camp each year in Kandersteg or elsewhere
- … study mammals, reptiles & amphibians, nature
- … study soil & water conservation, oceanography
- … cooking over open fire
- … hosted Leadership training weekends
- … Run Merit Badge days and weekends
- … And there is so much MORE!
We do not limit the level of “adventure” the boys (and soon girls!) want to have. Scouting is a SCOUT-LED program. The SCOUTS decide what we do, and strong, trained, committed adults help them achieve their goals.
What do YOU want to do?